Let me give you a little intro about myself; I work in tech field, just moved to US from Europe and Asia where I lived. Before buying a new house, I stayed for a while in a hotel. I needed to set up the house as early as I could. For the last couple of weeks, I have been researching a lot about mattresses and their types.
Now I have been quite hands on about the various types of mattress. There are spring mattress, memory foam, coir, gel memory foam and latex. I chose to buy Memory foam because of the following points:
- The exclusive quality of memory foam mattress is that it disperses pressures across large area of the back to keep the back healthy.
- It is long lasting with a 25 years of unbeatable warranty.
I also found out that best memory foam mattress 2016 hold heat which may be desirable for cold climates but it was not my requirement. There are types of foam mattresses which are designed to lessen the impact of heat. These are as follows:
- There are forms of memory form designed to let air circulate the mattress. I have no idea regarding their practicality but they are certainly cheaper.
- Another type is the Gel-memory foam which are designed with a gel layer on the top of memory foam. I cannot go into lots of details but I am pretty sure this type is quite practical but it is priced somewhat higher.
- A third type is the combination of the above two types.
I chose the third option suitable for myself. Now the next step was to find a quality company sicnce there are a good number of brands out there. I finally decided to buy 12 inch LUCID- LinenSpa Gel-memory foam mattress. This is a good quality and pricey product. It had only 42 reviews when I bought it, much lower than hundreds of reviews other products received. As I had done a great deal of research on the mattresses, I was very certain that I made the right choice.
In a nutshell, my decision was based on the following four points, provided by the mattress company on its product description:
- Special Lucid memory foam mattress added in the mattress to retain and disperse heat.
- Disposable silver-infused cover which has been treated with antimicrobials and hypoallergenic.
- The pin-core technology to let air circulate the top layer and adjust sleeping temperature.
- A 25-Year warranty and open cell construction designed to add durability to the foam in order to resist body impressions for a long time.
The overall charges minus tax and delivery was $449. Now I will just give you a short and simple write up of what I experienced after using the mattress.
- It was delivered timely
- It was properly packed and took only 10 minutes to unpack.
- I loved it on the first sight and the mattress cover was nice too.
- Certain smell was there but it wasn’t much and quickly dissipated.
- I used the mattress and found it firm but soft to the perfection. The pressure on back is evenly distributed and it just felt I am swimming on the clouds!
- I would probably write another review after some months of use.